Logo

Alpha 1 pump kit

tuna_man

Regular Contributor
Hi Guys

1988 alpha 1 outdrive.

Can you get a pump kit kit such as the 46 96148 A, without the 46-96148 T Body Assembly?

I noticed GLM has the GLM12290, which replaces merc 47-89984T5.

Is merc 47-89984T5 what im after?

(I already have the merc housing, I just need everything else.)

Thankyou, Mark.

This is my opinion,

stop trying to disect the part numbers and parts.

Find a dealer or use this site, order a complete water pump kit and water pump base kit and replace BOTH.

ONCE AND DONE!! now you will have years of uninterupted use!!!!

That is the way I do it EVERY TIME!

I go to a dealer and buy OEM every time............no questions asked!

the water pump kit for MR, and Alpha 1 gen I are all the same so any or all parts work. there will be left over parts as there are a few things that dont get used......carry over from the R drives and before.

This is my opinion,

stop trying to disect the part numbers and parts.

Find a dealer or use this site, order a complete water pump kit and water pump base kit and replace BOTH.

ONCE AND DONE!! now you will have years of uninterupted use!!!!

That is the way I do it EVERY TIME!

I go to a dealer and buy OEM every time............no questions asked!

the water pump kit for MR, and Alpha 1 gen I are all the same so any or all parts work. there will be left over parts as there are a few things that dont get used......carry over from the R drives and before.

This site dont deliver to my part of the world............. however, i love this forum, even you....... ;)

yep i im replacin the lot, just wanted to know what the lot was minus the body.......

I ordered a complete pump kit from a US supplier, only received the body.

Just asking advice movin ahead.

Its difficult down under, you guys pay $450 for a an exhaust kit, we pay $2400.

ditto all other parts..........

If you order the water pump kit you get the impeller and upper housing and gaskets and plate and assorted orings.
The water pump base is a seperate part and it comes with a gasket kit and orings that dulicate the same in the pump housing kit but it contains the base with back to back seals..

ONLY REPLACE WHAT YOU REMOVE.

I missed that fact you were from the land of OZ.....sucks I guess.
I still would not think that merc parts are that expensive for the typical replacement stuff.......??

Dont know for sure, never been there.......

Back