Logo

Alpha 1 Gen 2 Clunking Issue

Remove the prop and retest ,you could be over-running the prop and try turning the water on after you replace you full water pump kit

The boat has been on the lake a few times since I put the new impeller in, along with multiple runs with water going to the muffs. When I recorded this video the boat was literally started, video recorded, and shut off to record the clunking sound.

As far as the plastic pump housing, the pump housing is metal.

Back to the issue at hand here... I don't recall very many times that I have put the boat in gear on on muffs but I'm pretty sure it didn't make this clunking sound. If I take the prop off I still get the sound. To simulate load on the prop with my hand (wearing a glove) the clunking only gets louder. It sound's like to me that the clutch dog is not engaging all of the way? Shift linkage adjustment? I didn't take the shift selector apart at all so I doubt that moved. Outdrive came off in forward and installed in forward. I filled it with gear lube. If I grab the shift selector with my hand and wiggle it, I can make the clunking change a little.

Thanks for help so far. Looking to get some expert advice on this. If this is merely just and issue with no load on the prop that would be awesome, but I am having a hard time with that as the clunking seems to be more than I am comfortable with.

Brandon

Back