Logo

98 johnson 115 fast strike. Priming or bleeding oil system

1Hook up a tank with a 50-1mix to the motor.
2Disconnect the oil line from the fuel pump.
3 Pump a pint of oil out of the oil line Into a container.
Start motor and wait for Oil no flow warning to sound.
Put oil line back on pump and wait until the beep stops.
Do not pump primer ball on the oil line at all.
Once beeping stops clamp oil line on to pump and go boating.
I would run 3 gallons of 50-1 mix to make sure pump is working properly.

1Hook up a tank with a 50-1mix to the motor.
2Disconnect the oil line from the fuel pump.
3 Pump a pint of oil out of the oil line Into a container.
Start motor and wait for Oil no flow warning to sound.
Put oil line back on pump and wait until the beep stops.
Do not pump primer ball on the oil line at all.
Once beeping stops clamp oil line on to pump and go boating.
I would run 3 gallons of 50-1 mix to make sure pump is working properly.
Thanks for the info. Will do. Just wanted to make sure system was operating correctly. Got 122 to 25 psi in cylinders but wont fire. Just bought new plugs. Thought maybe like vapor lock or air in oil system cause I had line come loose. Tried to start more than I should of. Plugs looked fouled. Wasnt sure if boat was not reading oil pressure cause of air in system. Top left line came off from back of lower left carb to up behind starter. Was absolute pain to get back on. Thanks for info again

Thanks for the info. Will do. Just wanted to make sure system was operating correctly. Got 122 to 25 psi in cylinders but wont fire. Just bought new plugs. Thought maybe like vapor lock or air in oil system cause I had line come loose. Tried to start more than I should of. Plugs looked fouled. Wasnt sure if boat was not reading oil pressure cause of air in system. Top left line came off from back of lower left carb to up behind starter. Was absolute pain to get back on. Thanks for info again

Best way to bleed or prime oil system on 98 johnson 115 fast strike
Think I sent that couple times. Sorry. Got some kind of notification bout email or something. Forum stuff all new yo me. Just looked like lot of good Info

Back