Logo

98 225 ocean runner

marty

i have a 21 ft stratos boat w

i have a 21 ft stratos boat with a 225 on it runs super the thing i noticed is when on plane and slow down fast i hear a deep clicking or knocking noise. every thing else on the motor is working fine i checked everything i could think of. the only thing i did was try a different prop??. and the other thing is the vro is still hooked up motor has close to 200 hrs. should i kill the vro before it kills me and mix ???
thanks marty

" Marty,

Hopefully

" Marty,

Hopefully Joe will come by and tell you for sure, but for the VRO, on a 98 that's going to be a solid debugged system, I wouldn't mess with it. They've been making VRO's since the mid 80's. As for the clicking noise - put the engine in forward gear in the yard (not running) and then spin the prop as if it's moving forward. Some engines "rachet" like this - it's normal, the engine turns the prop, but the prop won't turn the engine, the lower unit instead "rachets". That would explain your clicking noise when slowing down.

Jon "

"Marty..... Jon's explanat

"Marty..... Jon's explanation sounds good to me. Nothing I could add to that. I'm assuming that your warning horn does beep when you turn the key on, indicating that the engine warning system is functional.

Joe
"

yes the warning system is wor

yes the warning system is working fine. all lights and horns work on start up. thanks for all the help . its nice too have a place where you can get answers. keep up the good work!!

marty

Back