Logo

95 Johnson 150 V6 Fast Strike fuel restoration

Chrisb79

Hello all I need help on were to check for fuel restrictions on my motor. I took my 95 javelin boat out with this fast strike motor & it fired right up. I did about 3 good runs on the lake. By the 3rd time I went to start engine it started but when slowly giving it gas by the hot foot pedal it would start to die then finally died. Restarted & this happened about 3 times then I gave it a bit more gas & it took off. Fished a spot for about 15 minutes & wanted to go across to another section. I tried turning key & could hear something tring to engage but nothing was happening. I then seen the hand prime ball was sucked in. After about another 10 minutes motor fired back up & I loaded her up. I changed the hand prime ball & fuel/water filter & I seen no water in the filter. Were else do I dive in to check restrictions? All carburetors have been rebuilt as well & engine looks clean. It did sit for a while. Any help is appreciated

You appear to have a blockage between the bulb to your tank including the anti syphon valve.---Also check pick up tube inside your tank.-----Or test run with a portable tank and another hose.

You appear to have a blockage between the bulb to your tank including the anti syphon valve.---Also check pick up tube inside your tank.-----Or test run with a portable tank and another hose.

Thanks...that is a fast way to see if it's the anti siphon valve by putting a portable tank on.

Back