Logo

94 Ocean Pro 200, 2 questions: no spark and compression testing

baddog1016

Regular Contributor
Hi all, I got rid of the mouse nests and reassembled what I believe to be a 1994 Ocean Pro, model # unknown. I now have 2 questions.

1.) It doesn't start because there is no spark. I checked the stop circuit and according to the half's**d shop manual that came with my Ficht diagnostic software that is okay. I ohm checked the trigger and charge coil, 835+/- ohms each and no shorts to ground. I suspect the power pack but would Like to be sure. I have seen a CDI website referred to in this forum but can't find it. Where is it? (If someone can easily post a schematic of the ignition circuit for this motor that would be great too.)

2.) (sort of a dumb one but I'm curious) The motor has compression verified by turning it over by hand but I want to do a real compression test before money starts getting thrown at it. Is it okay to spin the motor on the starter without water going through the water pump? (I've done this with my engine and there didn't seem to be any adverse effect.) Okay, a third how much engine turning over will a dry water pump endure given that water has been in it recently?

I now have 2 questions.

1) First thing check all connections/cables/battery and starter as if not spinning fast enough wont create spark
2) enough to compression test and troubleshoot

Back