Logo

94 115 2 stroke hard to steer

Dunnellon Dude

I dis-connected the steering at the engine and tried to grease pivot shaft. It will not take grease. Blew up my hand held gun. I guess previous owner didn't lube it. Any suggestions as to how to get grease in zerk. After buying new gun, still no grease comes out of the bottom or the top of the shaft. Steering will not free up.

Original zerk was screwed up but was replaced with a new one. When I took it out , grease shot out with a lot of force. Someone suggested a hair dryer to heat up old dried up grease.

I don't think a hair dryer will provide the amount of heat you will need....A propane torch can provide the necessary heat to melt hardened grease and get things moving again. Take your time and keep the torch moving to distribute the heat evenly. Study a parts diagram to help you avoid any plastic parts which might be damaged if overheated.

Believe it not, the hair dryer did the trick. Heated it up real good and kept working it back and forth until it loosened up. Wife was not happy when she saw grease all over her hair dryer. Had to clean it immediately! Also discovered that the trim tab threads were stripped out and the tab was moving at will. Will buy a new one today. Wondering how the best way to set it?

Back