Logo

90 hp Johnson electrical problem

Daw

I have replaced everything electronic that I can think of as well as marine engines. Could think of. We’ve also changed both fuses the one up in the engine compartment as well as the one down by the battery. At this point, I am still getting no spark. That is what is started this whole ordeal. Anybody have any ideas anything else that I could possibly try? Also, I am going to try one of my older coil packs as I know they were in good shape still, but were the originals.

A 1992 model.------So start with a load test on the battery.------Then take starter apart for inspection.----Ohm test the armature.------If the flywheel is spinning slow there will not be a spark generated.-----So do these no $$$$ spent tests.

Starter is working within factory specs just to give a heads up we replaced the the stater assembly the coil packs, spark plugs, spark, plug wires, rectifier and power pack. Still no spark does the spark plugs just can’t figure it out. Curious it says something about a stop switch. I don’t seem to have one on my boat, but the manual says that should be one of the things I check for, but the key turns on and starts up everything or starts spinning the flywheel, the distribution bar has power to it so I’m not sure how that would affect the system if it even does

The battery 12 volts is not used to make spark at the plugs.----Spark is generated by the spinning flywheel.-----Post pictures of your control box.

Back