Logo

90 hp gauges need some help/advice

hydrasport cc

Two weeks ago purchased a 1996 Hydrasport CC with a 1989 90 hp two stroke Yamaha. Motor runs fine the problem is with the two main gauges in the console. Both are Yamaha brand LED style with one being tach the other speedo. These are combination gauges so they are multi function display by pressing a " mode " button. The speedo and its multi functions do not work at all the only thing that works is the backlight. The tach and trim work in the tach gauge but that's it I believe both gauges are basically worn out. I have not looked under the console yet but will this weekend to check out the wiring, fuses, connections etc. to see if anything obvious is wrong. The boat was an OMC brand so I would think it either was re-rigged to the Yamaha or cobbled ( hope that's not the case ) wiring. These gauges from what I have seen on the net are 225.00 - 300.00 each. So if you were in my shoes and couldn't get the existing gauges to work would you just buy the two new Yamaha gauges and be done with it ? Or would you purchase aftermarket individual gauges and figure out the wiring ? There is plenty of space available on the console face for individual gauges. Any help is appreciated.

Back