Logo

9.9 1993 no spark

VictorDiTola

I have a 1993 mercury 9.9 no spark I’ve changed the trigger stator and cdi box can someone please give me the ohm readings with an automatic scale meter I need the readings for all three of th ignition parts please it’s driving me crazy

I bought the motor with no spark I changed the stator and trigger I put it in the water went about six miles and lost the spark I Had to get towed back to the dock I changed the cdi box went about 6 miles again it did the same thing I changed all three parts again it ran for about one minute and lost spark again I never got out of my yard the last time I am checking spark with a spark tester I am reading the ohms with an automatic meter I cannot figure out what the actual readings are I’ve been all over YouTube and can’t get a video that helps if anyone can help I would appreciate it thanks

Fot the stator,blk/yel to grnd 3200-3800 ohms,blk/wht to grnd 225-300 ohms.For the trigger brn/yellow to brn/wht 750-1400 ohms.Disconnect your your kill circuit wire to see if you get spark.

Back