Logo

86 johnson 9.9 J10RCCD

brim_buster

Regular Contributor
I posted earlier but no replies so I guess Im gonna try to explain my situation a little better. Is it possible for a water tube which is copper to corrode? Cant understand why with all new parts water wont make it to the top of the motor and we have water spraying out where the foot connects to the exhaust housing assy. All passages are free of obstructions yet we cant get this motor to pee. any help would be great. thanx in advance

Take a little weed wacker string and poke it into the pee hole and see if you can dislodge any obstruction. As racerone said, if it is not overheating (can put your fingers on the cylinder head for longer then 3 seconds) then it is probably just an obstruction in that indicator hole.

If it is getting too hot, then perhaps your upper water tube grommet has flapped over the tube and is obstructing the flow of water to the powerhead. That requires a powerhead removal to fix, so I would verify racerone's thoughts first.

Thanks for the replies, I can blow air through the pee tube and get air bubbles in my water barrel. Removed the head and also no obstructions so my next guess is that something is wrong with water tube. In my earlier post I stated that if I remove the thermostat housing cover and pour water in it, water will come out the pee hole and run outside the water tube not in it. That to me was odd because this engine was running just fine then all of a sudden nothing. Thanx a bunch.....

Back