Logo

79' 70hp tilt trim problem

Luke Steers

hi i have a 79' 70hp eveinrude and my tilt trim was working and now it is not at the control it makes noise as to say it is working but it does not go up or down
and there is a drippin oil coming out of the part where the hydrolic pin go's in and out
i hope somone can help as i am a bit mechanically retarted (no offence to anyone)

It is most likely a three wire pump. Disconnect the ends of the wires that go to the pump. Touch the black to ground and the blue and green in turn to the positive post on the battery. Anything happen? Any noise with no motion? If it does nothing, it is the motor. If it seems to run and nothing, the rams are stuck or unit is out of oil. The oil leak would make me want to check the fluid level first.

hello hondamech there is power and it makes the noise but the rams are not moving so i am guesing it is out of oil. So this could be one of the stupidest questions that u have ever had but if i were to check the fluid level/refill the trim with hydro fluid where is it located and how do i go about it.Thankyou for your help i just got this boat through inherintence so i am learning as i go.

Thankyou

luke

Back