Logo

77 evinrude 70hp carburetor/fuel issue

SRLEONARD88

So I made post earlier about time-base fitment issues. I got that all sorted out and all my "electrical" issues sorted. The issue I'm having now is little to no vacuum through carbs 2-3. Compression 120 115 115. Lync and sync has been done and checked over multiple times. Reed valves are good from hat I can tell I've removed them totally inspected and replaced with new gaskets (light film of gasket sealer on gaskets). The issue is consistent even with carbs removed and both from the plug side and carb side. I did remove the c shaped "plastics" directly below the power head to get a better look at the exhaust housing and there seems to be oil on the bottom of the exhaust housing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are many on here that will say compression of 120 is good.----I say that particular motor should show 140 PSI.-----No surprise to me that cylinders are scored !!

These motors are so easy to trouble shoot.----Many , many folks will say not a compression issue because internet says 120 PSI is good.----Maybe a bearing let go.----Motor needs to come apart for inspection.------Possibly repairable.----Your location ?

That's what I was thinking repowering with a used motor. Keep this and maybe I'll find another 70s 70hp rude I can use in conjunction with this one even if I was just to rob the block off another powerhead

Back