Logo

64 chrysler seaking 45hp need help

o2x4

"model# vwb 19088a. so here is

"model# vwb 19088a. so here is the story, i was heading across the lake @ full throttle every things good. then all of a sudden it was like a slipping transmission. bam! bam!bam!bam!. i backed off the throttle to neutral. i went to put it into forward and the motor throttled up but no go. i messed with it and messed with it and no go. so i check the brass shear pin. its not broken :-( so we start rowing in and its a long way to go. im thinking that the lower end that i blew out before and had hunted and hunted down and had replaced blew out again. i decide to try again and throw it in reverse, and it worked. so i try forward and it worked just fine good solid feeling connection through the drive line. i get to the launch and back off the throttle to neutral. wait. go to forward again and nothing, lots of motor rev no go, neutral, fwd, n, fwd, n, then it worked and i got it outta the water. at home i threw it in a bucket while i checked out how the throttle control worked and it worked fine. the control is one lever. it is the throttle and fwd and reverse gear. you pull up on it to go neutral throttle. its a sea king. the throttle feels like it doesn't move as easy as it did. and after i got it back from getting the lower end replaced you had to push the control fwd further to go and if you didn't engage it smooth it slammed into gear a little. i haven't been on the lake since. im scared to break it please help my baby is real sick
289458.jpg
289459.jpg
"

That sounds like a shear pin.

That sounds like a shear pin. Have you had the prop off yet? Also when it's off scribe a line across the hub to the blades and the re check after running- might be a spun hub.

The wierdest thing I ever saw was the weld/solder of the clutch face to the gear came loose on one and we looked for ever to get that fault found. Replaced the gear and all was well.

Back