Logo

50 elptefi stalls

irnhdmike

Installed as replacement for 35. Used old controls. Starts right up will idle all day. Will take throttle only if you open it slowly.If you hit it quick it dies. Will start back up and idle. Also when you back off throttle it also dies. Also will start back up and idle. This is without load. EFI new to me .What should I look for?

Installed as replacement for 35. Used old controls. Starts right up will idle all day. Will take throttle only if you open it slowly.If you hit it quick it dies. Will start back up and idle. Also when you back off throttle it also dies. Also will start back up and idle. This is without load. EFI new to me .What should I look for?
No one seems to reply. So heres the deal. 2005 efi 4 stroke. Boat sat 2 years before I installed this motor. So I drained portable fuel tank and rinsed out good and left to air out. replaced fuel line in tank before I started new motor. Starts and Idles won't take throttle. Have since tried different fuel line assy off working boat,replaced filter on side of motor,replaced hi pressure in-line filter,checked filter on end of fuel pump looks ok. Lots of pressure in VST. Still acts the same. If it makes any difference i have it plugged into the original wiring harness that was on boat. Any Ideas?

Back