Logo

440 heads available

510mopar

Contributing Member
I just dismantled a very low mileage 440 from a late 70's Police interceptor a fellow brought me to build him an engine for his car. We will be using aluminum heads for his project.
The heads from this engine are in great shape and measure all to spec. I will be blasting them clean, acid bathing to remove any internal rust, facing the valves, touching up the seats, machining for new hi quality stem seals, priming and painting with hi temp urethane. These are the 452 castings that were made from Chrysler with the induction hardened exhaust seats for use with unleaded gas. Basically these will be a very clean set of stock heads with the really good valve seals. Selling set for $450 ready to install. If someone needs a really good set of OEM spec heads these are it.
I usually install bronze intake and hardened cast exhaust guides and hard seat inserts on the exhaust side but these heads were right on spec so I am just freshening them up. The block was so perfect we are building it as standard bore.
Would ship from 48040 Michigan.
I remember a forum member looking for some heads a while ago. email me at [email protected] if interested
If anyone needs anything special for heads let me know, I can build you anything you want.

Back