Logo

350 mag 02 engines no start

didou

hi , i have 02 mag 350 on my boat i scanned the the 02 engines i have the following diagnostic, i cannot turn the 02 engines on please if you can help me or give an advise thanks asap
Current ECM Codes

Sensor Fault, click Read Fault button for details

Trouble Code List:
PITOT CKT LO Code is active
FUEL LVL CKT HI Code is active
STEER CKT LO Code is active
SEA TMP CKT HI Code is active
TRIM CKT HI Code is active

That's alot of codes for one starting problem.One code I see may be the problem is the FUEL LVL CKT HI Code is active.
Sounds like your choke isn't working maybe stuck closed.See if your choke butterfly is open or closed.To have all those codes at one time sounds more like a bad ground or bad fuse in the fuse box somewhere.As not getting power to the ignition.Is the plugs firing?Are you getting spark to the spark plugs?May need to contact the manufacturer.Sounds like you got a sincor bad somewhere.02 engines ?How many engines on the boat?We talking engines or blowers?Is the engine cranking over?"Starters working"?Sounds like a saftey switch bad or fusable link.
Your choke is ready active "on"Mean's your choke is closed.Temp is high.Sounds like a bad ground.

All those codes are usually normal to see on the scan tool and programed to be ignored within the PCM as long as you don't have any of these features to begin with. The sensor harness for each code is usually unplugged so in turn this is why you would see them on the scanner.

Usually none of these codes would keep the engine from starting.

P.S, FUEL LVL CKT HI would indicate a problem with the fuel tank level sending unit to the fuel gauge on the dash.

Chances are the engine is fuel injected. You will need to hook up a fuel pressure gauge and see if you have fuel pressure. When you turn the key to the on position you should here the fuel pump run.

If you changed the fuel filter and you did not fill it with fresh fuel before installing it, it will not start.

hi, thank you for your fast reply ,i have 2 engines 350 mag the starter is new and run very good i checked the fuse perfect the fuel pump good there is a fuel pressure on the pump,i change 8 fuel injector on one of the engine but when i test the fuel injectors with the scanner injector from 01 to 04 test good and injector from 05 to 08 the scanner said you do not have hard drive somthing like that ,the second engine the same think the fourth first injectors good but the fouth last injector nothing happen

hi, thank you for your fast reply ,i have 2 engines 350 mag the starter is new and run very good i checked the fuse perfect the fuel pump good there is a fuel pressure on the pump,i change 8 fuel injector on one of the engine but when i test the fuel injectors with the scanner injector from 01 to 04 test good and injector from 05 to 08 the scanner said you do not have hard drive somthing like that ,the second engine the same think the fourth first injectors good but the fouth last injector nothing happen

how much fuel pressure?

hi, i dont have the fuel presure the diacom just test the fuel injector, the fourth first injector i can test them on the scanner the progress test goes up to 100 per cent but the last fourth i cannot even test them .

best regards

hi, i dont have the fuel presure the diacom just test the fuel injector, the fourth first injector i can test them on the scanner the progress test goes up to 100 per cent but the last fourth i cannot even test them .

best regards
Hey guys, i happen to notice the O.P didou posted some additional engine information to an six year old thread over on Offshoreonly forum that is not getting any response to it, So I figured i should copy and paste the additional information here for him/us to work with.

It appears to me he has low battery volts at 11.11 volts. With this new information, we probably should suggest a new proper size battery to start with, then check for spark, fuel pressure, etc.

2. PERFORMANCE DATA

Parameter Description Value Unit

Engine Speed.......................................... 0 RPM
Available Power..................................... 100 %
Coolant Temperature............................... 75,20 °F
Fuel Flow Rate..................................... 0,00 GPH
Port Exhst Cool Temp.............................. 32,00 °F
Sea Pump Pressure.................................. 0,00 PSI
Starb Exhst Cool Temp............................. 32,00 °F
IAC Duty Cycle..................................... 0,00 %
Manifold Absolute Pressure........................ 14,57 PSI
Trim Position...................................... 1023 #
Baro Pressure..................................... 14,57 PSI
Trim Volts......................................... 4,99 VDC
Manifold Air Temperature.......................... 78,80 °F
Pitot ADC............................................. 0 #
Oil Pressure....................................... 0,54 PSI
Paddle Wheel.......................................... 0 Hz
Throttle Position.................................. 0,00 %
Sensor Power....................................... 4,99 VDC
Throttle Sensor Voltage............................ 0,64 VDC
Lake/Sea Temp..................................... 32,00 °F
Spark Advance...................................... 8,00 DEG
Fuel Level......................................... 1023 #
Battery Voltage................................... 11,11 VDC

3. TROUBLE CODE STATUS

Current ECM Codes

Sensor Fault, click Read Fault button for details

Trouble Code List:
PITOT CKT LO Code is active
FUEL LVL CKT HI Code is active
STEER CKT LO Code is active
SEA TMP CKT HI Code is active
TRIM CKT HI Code is active

there is pressure on the fuel pump the startor good spark plug new the fuse good thank you to help me
best regards.
Above source,
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/138970-350-mag-goes-into-guardian-mode-help-please.html

Didou, The reason you are able to test only 4 functions of the fuel injectors with the scan tool is beacuse the injectors fire in banks of 2, not individually like a sequential fuel injection system, so this is normal, But it's also an inefficient test procedure without a fuel pressure gauge hooked up to help calculate the fuel drop amount within the time frame you set it for.

It's pretty important to know how much fuel pressure you actually have at the fuel rail?

Back