Logo

3.7 470 merc swap with 4.3?

Sledhill87

Im wondering how difficult it is to swap 3.7 out for 4.3 or different motor, having lots of pproblems with 3.7. And I here they are a turd!

Let me know thanks!

If you can not get the current motor and all your issues worked out what make you think you can do a engine swap from a front motor mount to side motor mount and all wiring changes and all else needed for this type of change over?

I think for now concentrate on getting your bastard motor working. If you can not then chaulk it up to ignorance/experience and dump the boat to someone else and purchase a better boat. One that has no issues and works (TURN KEY) and enjoy boating.........MAKE SURE you lake test the next baot and beat the SH!T out of it on the lake test to be sure it won't fail........

Just remember one thing, it is not the mercruiser brand that is bad here, it is a one of a kind product they manufactured/sold for several years that did not work out so well for them........or the boat owners who purchased them.

This is where i disagree. It was mercs fault for putting this pos out in the marketplace. Then people bought it thinking they can rely on mercs reputation. Now years latter people are still dealing with this pos.

Where i do agree is with getting rid of it.

Sled you will need to install new stringers, then fiberglass, then you need a donor boat with a bad hull but good engine and drive and every bit that goes with it.

Is it worth it to you ? Just to save a hull ?

Back