Logo

2HP new carb, won't idle

neversummer

Regular Contributor
My honda 2 ran great last season, but developed a fuel leak from the carb that I couldnt diagnose -- I decided to install a new carb this year.

Installed a new Honda genuine one -- it starts and runs at high rpm no problem, but dies at idle and won't stay running at low RPM.

Since there is only 1 carb I figure it cant be a carb balancing issue. Fuel line is wide open, fuel is new, and all throttle/choke connections look good.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot?

I may have fixed my own problem --- taking the advice of another post, I removed the carb again, confirmed the fuel line was fully attached, and this time made sure the plastic airbox was fully seated in the vacuum line.

Putting it back together, I found that it is running nice and smoothly now. My hypothesis is that the vacuum tube was not fully seated and thus was leaking. Hopefully that did it!

My honda 2 ran great last season, but developed a fuel leak from the carb that I couldnt diagnose -- I decided to install a new carb this year.

Installed a new Honda genuine one -- it starts and runs at high rpm no problem, but dies at idle and won't stay running at low RPM.

Since there is only 1 carb I figure it cant be a carb balancing issue. Fuel line is wide open, fuel is new, and all throttle/choke connections look good.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot?

Back