Logo

25HP Oil and Temp Warning

DLC8113

According to my serial number, I have a 2006 motor. (BATJ-1200600) The parts schematic shows the oil and overheat light panel on the long handle tiller. The one on my motor is degraded by the sun, and the lights were not visible. I ordered a new display, and was about to put it on, when I see the sun damaged display is just a cover for an empty blank hole. My new to me motor has the little oil indicator light on the front lower cowl. I did not notice it being on or not when I ran my motor. If I had no oil pressure, I'm sure I would have already had serious problems. According to my serial number I should have the display, but this motor does not? There appears to be some extra wires in the tiller, but I have not looked at the new display to see if those match my loose wires. Does anyone know if I can install this tiller display and why this motor does not match the parts schematics? I also don't see anything other than a hole plug for the cowl mounted oil light in the parts schematic.

Hi DLC

Just a guess but maybe the two light display was an option?

If so, and yours came with the oil lamp indicator on the case, it would be like many other models that have the oil indicator only and no red overheat light.

In the link below there is a depiction of the tiller mounted 2 light module as item #11 but there is no item 11 in the part number/price list. That usually means that the part isn't available any longer.

In the link below, I do see the case hole plug you mentioned but I also note item #7, lamp assembly, indicator and it is listed as available. Could that be the replacement part you need?

Good luck.

Back