Logo

25hp johnson outboard need to take out sp/plug squirt petrol,then starts

kennykoala

hi all RACERONE need help with my 25hp johnson outboard mod j25reeb purchased 17/4/99 wont start checked fuel supply to filter ok then to carby ok then to choke ok.after afew pulls on choke gets hard to pull out as thoe its full petrol.if i take out sp/plugs give a squirt of petrol in chamber put back sp/plug pull start of she goes.i have taken of carby cleaned ok,changed to new fuel,still the same wont start unless squirt petrol in chamber.racerone can you help plz,i normally pull out choke 3 times push in to orange mark and she starts ok,

Have you checked that the choke primer works and squirts all the way into the intake?
Pull the hose from primer and check, check the nipples are open into carb/intake. (depends which version of carb you have.)

ty haffiman will check to c if nipples r open,i am thinking u may be right,as when i pull choke couple of times i can,t pull it out,the petrol was squirting out of pipe were it contacts carby,will let u know,ty.

hi haffiman37 did what u said everything working good,took of carby choke nipple blocked,blew out 3 inlets checked there was flow of petrol everything good,started first pull,great ty u very much.

Back