Logo

25 Yamaha ESHP - Getting hot issue

JimmyS_1981

Hello guys, first post here. I have a 1991 25 Yamaha ESHP motor. Its a 2 stroke motor with the automatic oil inject reservoir on the motor. I have had the motor 6 years or so and this issue has plagued me the whole time. Until now, I haven't worried much with it but now it as become personal.

Motor starts and runs great. After it heats up, say I run it a mile mile and half on full throttle it starts to spit and sputter kinda aggressively. If I throttle it back at 75 % it smooths out and runs just fine. To me it seems like its getting hot and going into a safe mode or something electronic getting hot and failing. I don't think its fuel but I am also not a mechanic.

So far I have changed the plugs and wires, gas tank and hose from tank to the motor, have had the carbs cleaned, changed the impellar and also put a thermostat in it yesterday. For some reason it did not even have one in it. 2 things that make me think why. 1 this issue came up and it was removed to fix the issue and didnt put I back. 2 it went bad and they removed it and never put one back in.

Thanks for the help. About to the point of burning it.

Jimmy

Back