Logo

25 hp 74 evinrude spark plugs

doglover

i just bought a 74 25hp evinrude. i cleaned the carby which was clean anyway. checked the plugs, cleaned and set them, hooked up the fuel and started it. it revved up then died i tried it again kinda started and then i nothing. i pulled the plugs out again to find one had been closed up. now i'm not sure if the reving done that or maybe the wrong plugs. the plugs in it are ngk b7hs. the manual i have it for up to 1970 and it says a champion j4j (b7s) these two have different trhead lengths can anyone tell me what i should have in it.

thanks

sharn

UJ4J-------Now replaced with NGK B7S-----------BOSCH W5EC------AUTOLITE 353--------------You certainly need the correct length thread or the piston will hit.--------If there was internal bearing damage the piston may also hit the plug.

thanks racerone. i worked that out but it is still good to get another opinion. the manual i have is for 56-70 models so wasnt completely sure. thanks again

thanks kimcrwbr1 i have bought some ngk b7s. i am not sure if we have autollite readily available here in australia. time to put them in and start her up

Back