Logo

25 EFI fuel in the oil

Hello,I'm Aneta from Skopje.I've new Mercury 25 EFI.It still doesn't have 20 hours of work.Accidently I've seen that the level of the oil in the engine is raised approximatelly 300-400ml, and it smells like it has a fuel in it. I would be gratefull if someone explains me how that could happend, and what could be the reason for that.What should I do to solve this and should I do in the future so it won't happend again?

There are threads on this problem on the web...a few interesting discussions..everything from rings not completely seated yet to fuel pump [FONT=Verdana, Arial][FONT=Verdana, Arial] diaphragm to type of oil used to manifold pressure sensor...if the motor is still under warranty i would take it to the dealer and have them hook it up to the computer and the merc support center and see what they say...the purpose of taking it in is to get on record with the problem in case its serious enough to cause you big problems later...but i think the results will be that they will tell you that the rings are not seated yet and that a small amount of gas in the oil will do no damage..other than that i would get some more hours on the engine and watch it closely...but make sure they get the merc support center involved if you take it in...just my opinion...[/FONT][/FONT]

The most common reason for fuel in the oil is the engine is running cold because the thermostat is stuck open. I have Not really seen this from rings not being properly seated it is not common at all sounds more like bs from a dealer or mercury i'm sure it can happen but would more likely be from a factory defect than from the break in unless you broke the engine in at idle or something strange. How many hours do you have on the engine?

Sorry you are correct still could be a stuck thermostat i have seen them on new engines. also before they are fully broken in they will make oil and have metal in the oil this is why it is so important to change the oil after 10 to 20 hours of running.

Back