Logo

2021 Mercury 15ELPT EFI ProKicker Install

MercUser1

Hello; I’m looking at installing a kicker outboard engine on my 2001 Parker 2520 boat. Main engine is I/O 4.2L Diesel / Bravo3 outdrive. The boat has a swim platform. Plan is to install a Panther Swim Platform Motor Bracket on the starboard side of the swim platform, steering would be handled with a product called EZ- Steer system. The kicker engine would be a 2021 Mercury 15ELPT EFI ProKicker Four Stroke outboard. The 15ELPT stands for 15hp, Electric start, long shaft (20"/508mm) driveshaft housing, Remote control steering, Power trim standard. I want to control the engine from the cab just like I do with the big engine. What remote control unit do I need that will hook up to this outboard that allows electric start, throttle control/shifting, and trim/tilt? Also, what wire harness and cabling is needed? I’ve never done this before, trying to learn but there are multiple responses to my google queries and I’m not sure which ones are the ones that are needed. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Back