Logo

2017 E-TEC Problems

jmsmart

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm glad to come across this forum and forgive me if this has been posted before. I bought a 2018 Grizzly 1448 with a 2017 ETec 25 tiller last week. I'm pretty new to boating so when I bought it I just wanted to verify that it ran well before purchasing, which it did. Started immediately, idled beautifully and got on plane with no problem. Fast forward to yesterday, I went to a friend's boat launch and was about to head out. Had the boat in the water running in neutral when he said, "There's no water coming out of your pisser." Right after he said that the motor died, and would not restart. So turns out the pump system was clogged. Cleared the clog, replaced impeller. Tell tale works fine now, but the damn motor will not stay running longer than a couple minutes.
Figured it was some fuel issue. So I replaced the fuel filter thinking it may be clogged. Replaced the gas tank and fuel line. Same problem. Only now, there's globs of 2 cycle oil coming out of the exhaust.
It will run and idle for maybe 2 to 4 minutes, then die. And won't run again. But if it sets a while, it will run for a couple minutes then die. Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated.

Back