Logo

2017 DF9.9B running rough/missing

fourtwenty

On my way across the lake yesterday my motor all of a sudden lost power and started running rough. Sounded like it was missing. I was able to get back to my place with the engine running pretty much at idle or a little above. I did a bit of googling and my guess is probably fuel related but possibly the spark plugs. Here are photos of both sides of the 2 spark plugs. Anything look strange? Occasionally I forget to tilt the engine up after using it so a bit of engine oil does find it's way into the cylinders resulting in a bit of smoke on start-up. I noticed this shortly after buying it and the dealer told me this was normal if you don't tilt it up when not in use. I only see smoke on start-up when I forget to tilt it up.

It should still be under warranty (bought new mid-july 2018) but I have emailed Suzuki to confirm. Assuming the warranty is still good I will take it to an authorized dealer to have them look at it but I thought I would post here on the off chance someone has experienced something similar.

After storing for the winter (stabilizer in the fuel) it went back in the water in April with no problems starting or running. I've probably gone through ~15L of gas since then so the stabilized fuel should be long gone.

Any suggestions?
20230630_093140.jpg20230630_093143.jpg

20230630_092357.jpg20230630_092401.jpg

Back