Logo

2017 9.9 hp mercury need help

Alright I got a 2017 9.9 hp merc from my cousins husband and I used it all last year ran great I let it sit for 2 months and I took it out about 3 weeks ago and it started up ran fine but I noticed it was leaking gas from somewhere I saw the sheen on the water was like wtf and turned it off took the boat out the water thought it was the carb leaking from the screw on the bottom of it it wasn't so I put it back on then it was just running ****ty and dying my boat mechanic rebuilt the carb then couldn't get it to start. I thought it might been the fuel pump so I bought a new one 190$ wasn't that the motor is getting gas and compression is perfect and it gets spark new gas everything and it's still leaking gas from somewhere my boat mechanic is trying to get it started pulling the pull start so much that it starts leaking gas out the exhaust. The dude is a good mechanic he rebuilds carbs all day works on boats all day brings em back to life but can't figure out this lil motor that used to start off 1st pull when warmed up sorry for the fat paragraph of rambling im just struggling with this I just wanna get out on the water if any body has ran across this issue or knows somthing I don't know that could get it running please let me know thank you

Tell your mechanic to check the accelerator pump diagram and the 2 o rings inside. From sitting it .may have dried up. It's attached to the float bowl.

Back