Logo

2012 115 Optimax Pro XS water on bottom cylinder's spark plug

Hyde79

Good afternoon,
today I changed the plugs on my 115 optimax pro xs. When I got to the bottom cylinder I noticed a tiny droplet of condensation on the tip of the plug. I have not noticed any issues with the way the motor has been running prior to this. I have only put about 20 hours on the boat since I bought it but all pressures and temps have been fine and as I said it runs just fine. The motor has about 350 hours on it. After changing the plugs I ran it for 15 minutes or so and pulled the plugs again and checked them. The bottom plug did not appear to have any water on it this time.

I couldn't seem to find anything about this problem with this specific motor in my searches of the internet. I am wondering what possibilities this could be with this motor. I would have said cylinder head gasket but this thing doesn't appear to have one so that's out. Is there any other gasket that could possibly be the issue? I have never had one of these motors before so it is a bit foreign to me. I know it could be a crack in the block itself but I am really hoping that is not the problem. I have not done a compression test yet but I will try to squeeze that in early tomorrow.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Back