Logo

2011 DF300 Electrical Problem

gongzhen2015

2011 DF300 Twin
Electrical problem
Bought used with original control
Hook everthing up. One of the motor wont responde to start/trim signal from switch panel or control.
Checked all fuse, all good. Swap plug with the other engine, still have no response to trim/start.
The trim button on the motor is working. No codes shown on the computer, and sds is able to read the engine ecu and read that motors hour.
Also tried recalibrate everything, sucessful.
What could be the issue?

“Hook everthing up. One of the motor wont responde to start/trim signal from switch panel or control.”
Your engine won’t start or your trim/tilt motor doesn’t respond to you depressing the tilt/trim switch on the binnacle but the trim/tilt switch on the engine works?

Some reading material.

Or see below. The below screenshot is from a 2009 DF90A
IMG_5847.jpeg

“Hook everthing up. One of the motor wont responde to start/trim signal from switch panel or control.”
Your engine won’t start or your trim/tilt motor doesn’t respond to you depressing the tilt/trim switch on the binnacle but the trim/tilt switch on the engine works?

Some reading material.

Or see below. The below screenshot is from a 2009 DF90A
View attachment 30124
strange thing happened after i swap the ecu. After i swap them. Both functioned good, i can trim and start. I swap them back, still good. The symptom i used to have disappeared.

Good to hear. I’d bet you have a loose pin in the connector that connects into the ECM.
Its a pretty low hour and super clean motor. I couldnt understand how this thing happened. will it be the ECU it self goes bad? Im nervous right now. Is there some thing Ican use to clean them or something?

They sell electrical contact cleaner, could disconnect the plug and give it a clean and inspect. Could have been that it wasn’t snapped in 100% and as soon as you swapped ECU you fixed it? Your issue could also have been a “White Wire”. A few of Suzuki electrical issues stem from the “white wire”, worth a read

They sell electrical contact cleaner, could disconnect the plug and give it a clean and inspect. Could have been that it wasn’t snapped in 100% and as soon as you swapped ECU you fixed it? Your issue could also have been a “White Wire”. A few of Suzuki electrical issues stem from the “white wire”, worth a read
I read that white wire. However Ihave a sub battery cable going from the main harness to battery protected by fuse. I checked voltage on each plug on the engine side, both have power. And Im able to read both ECU's data(means they are powered), so I assume Im not facing that white wire issue.

Back