Logo

2010 F40 efi bogging down

Rock Lemieux

Good day all, i just purchassed a 2010 40 hp, took it out for a spin and it idled rough and wouldn't throttle up, bogs untill almost stalling. Took out the injectors and cleaned them up good. Now idles like a kitten, took off and ran great for 5 min and now boggs again. It trolled nicely all day and starts and idles perfect. I just took the injectors pump appart, bottom of container was dirty but i dont think its the issue. Filter and float all seemed ok. One thing i noticed while trying to throttle up is it sometimes tries to kick in for a second or two than bogs again. Thought it was fuel related but im thinking it may be a bad stator or a poor lift pump...any ideas?? Thanks

Hi Guy thanks for the reply, i changed all filters,oil,plugs, new tank, gas, cleaned injectors and pump, and just got a triple spark tester yesterday. I will give it a go on Saturday and post my findings. I still suspect the stator, hopefully the spark tester will show if spark goes weak on ingition seconds phase. Thanks

Back