Logo

200vmax rpm jumping around

ratfink

I have a 20 ft hewes flats boa

I have a 20 ft hewes flats boat with a 200v-max and above 4500 rpm's it starts missing and skipping around (the rpms)I replaced the spark plugs and cleanerd the ground wires to the coils but it still does it ant ideas?

"It sounds like a fuel problem

"It sounds like a fuel problem, is the primer bulb getting sucked in.

Check tank breather replace fuel filters and you may have to clean out carbies"

"Thanks for your response, fue

"Thanks for your response, fuel bulb o.k. and I just put in a new waterseparator. I'll check that for air leaks but I think carb's is the culprit also. Fuel tank vent is fine no blockage there."

"I am experiencing the same pr

"I am experiencing the same problem, and was beginning to think it is a sensor since I have been unable to find the problem. Does anyone know how to diagnose the high temp sensor?
"

I found out that this could possible be my fuel pumps. Replaced yesterday taking it out for a trial today. I will let ya know how it goes. Factory said if this doesn't work it is probably time to work on the carbs.

Took it to the shop. They said they have seen the reed behind the carb break which causes these symptoms. Also could be a bad wire.
If those check out they are going to go through the carbs. That was done in Feb 2008 guess it could need it again.

You may want to check your anti-siphon valve coming out of the gas tank. I had the same problem and found out that my valve was partially clogged.

Motor is fixed! It was not the carbs after all. It was the crankshaft sensor. It had come loose and was being chewed up by the flywheel.

Back