Logo

200hp 1996 OMC Johnson gas/oil mixure very green spitting out of carbs Engine bogs in water in gear

chrisbuh

Need some insight. I have done alot of work replaced all the electronics on my 1996 OMC 200 Johnson Stator, Timing Base, Power module, plugs, plug wires, coils, and then rebuilt the carbs, replaced all the reeds with ones from Chris CArson marine. ( I did all that work, as when the boat had massive backfires due to some issue and bent the metal reed tabs and it was sending fuel out the carbs ) Finally after replacing filters (water oil separator) in line fuel filter I replaced the VRO oil injection fuel pump with an OEM replacement (as I was getting oil gas mix backing into the fuel line) a and also replaced leaking choke solenoid. I have linked and synched, checked timing and the motor idles smoothly, will rev easily in or out of water. But it again is nearly beyond spitting out of the carbs , and the gas oil mixture seems so oil rich that i have green splatter of oil on the back of the boat. We have also bypassed the in tank fuel with separate fuel to check for water. When I put the engine in gear fwd or revese it runs at idle fine as soon as I try to get it over 1000 rpm it begins bogging and dies. Posting both video and still shots. What appears to be excess oil only happened after I replaced the VRO fuel pump . Would love someone to take a look at my situation and make some comments.

They all rev easily out of the water.----Will do that running on 3 of 6 cylinders.---That test proves nothing.-----The parts cannon approach failed.-----Post compression test values first.

Back