Logo

2008 50hp tldi

jking2351

I have a 2008 50hp tldi 2 stroke it got bad fuel ran through it you can prime with the ball and it will run for 6-7 minutes or so and die
you can reprime it again and it will run again if you catch it in before it dies and pump the ball it will go ahead and run but when you shut it down
it will not restart I have even tried an inline electric pump and it still does it any help will be great

You need to thoroughly go through entire fuel system from pickup tube in fuel tank to pulling carbs. Is there a fuel/water separator? Your fuel system has been contaminated,every component needs to be cleaned and flushed

OK, you probably have an MD50B or B2. Year is irrelevant; model is critical. You can put the motor in diag mode and let it tell you what it sees for problems. At a minimum, you need to flush the tank and lines with clean fuel, and drain the vapor separator and fuel filter bowl. There is a distinct possibility that your FFP is clogged.

I have replaced all fuel lines and filter I was going to start cleaning tank today and I will drain the
vapor separator and see what happens

ok new problem building pressure and blowing line off of air/fuel rail it is the small line that runs from feed pump to rail
it is direct injection

Be sure to drain the vapor separator for each off-season. Any time the motor will be laid up for a month or more.

i want to thank everyone that replied you all was more help than my local dealer it was the feed pump received it today about 11:00 put it all
back together and she fired right up let it idle with muffs on it for about 20 to 30 minutes everything seems to be working like it should so thanks
again to everyone

Back