Logo

2007 WC Coastal Yamaha F250 intermittent loss of power and stall while underway

Hi I am new to this forum,

I have a 2007 WC 290 Coastal with twin F 250 Yamaha that loses power and stalls while underway intermittently, usually one engine at a time.
last year my mechanic diagnosed the problem on the starboard engine as a low /high pressure fuel pumps. all was good then it happened again and he replaced one of the sensors. all has been good on the STB engine so far, 5 hours on it now. yesterday the same thing happened on the port engine after about 30 minutes of ride time @ 4000 RPMs @ 31 MPH. I checked the fuel line ball and it was deflated/collapsed. I pumped it and the engine started but would no stay on when trying t take off. this is similar to the starboard engine last season. After 15 minutes with out trying to start the engine it started and I was able to get home, 30 minute ride, bot ran great. This is an intermittent problem.

I would type more but this site seems to be experiencing a challenge typing threads.

Any thughts?

Check all the fuel filters on your engine and empty the water/fuel separators into a clear container,let sit a while,inspect for contaminants

Last edited:
have you continuously pumped primer bulbs while they are running? There could be one inside of fuel tank,might have to pull sending unit off to get access

have you continuously pumped primer bulbs while they are running? There could be one inside of fuel tank,might have to pull sending unit off to get access

I did not pump the primer ball while the engine was running.
so you are saying in the WC 290 there is a ball in the tank it self.
also does each fuel line go directly into the tank or is there a main the comes out of the tank and then splits to port/Starboard engines?

this is an intermittent problem and when one engine is out the other still runs, they are never both out at the same time.

thanks,

Dan

screen inside of tank,possibly. You will have to trace your fuel lines physically from the fuel/water separator/s back to the tank/s. Is there 2 tanks? Are there 2 gas filler necks with caps?

Back