Logo

2006 T25TLR Start problems when warm/hot

Esprite

I've got a new to me 10yo T25TLR that I started daily for a week, then cast off to move the boat. When I idled down for a bridge opening it stalled and then would not start again. I could have easily flooded it, because of the situation, but after quite a while it was still hard to start.

I had the engine "repaired" at the boatyard, and the mechanic apparently cleaned the carb and replaced only the pin float and needle valve.

Engine started after putting carb in, we ran it all day, then I idled it down, it stalled, I tried to start it and again same problem.

I installed a fuel/gas separator and with some trouble got the engine to start again, ran it all day, and then idled down...repeat performance.

The one thing that i did notice when adding the filter the fuel line appears to be 3/16 ID, and according to Yamaha dealers, should be 3/8". That will be my next quick fix, but I'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas???

I live 3000 mi from the boat, so when I'm there I need to try to be efficient.

All ideas welcome, thanks in advance...

Fuel lines should be 3/8". When you're idling and vacuum pressure is at its lowest, I imagine the fuel pump cannot deliver fuel through a 3/16" line.

Back