Logo

2006 Mercury 90hp pee hole ?

Boss351r

I have an 06 90hp two stroke. I just bought it over the winter. I fired it up and after a minute the water stopped coming out the pee hole. I checked for pee hole blockage and there was none. I replaced the impeller the old one was in one piece. I started it up and still no water from the pee hole. Any suggestions? I’m not a marine mechanic but have done 8 impeller replacements on smaller boat motors and have never had an issue? Thank you

Make sure the impellers drive key is installed against the shaft and that you are installing the impeller itself with the fingers facing the correct direction. I always rotate the drive shaft by hand when pushing the impeller into the pump housing but first make sure that the pumps steel plate(s) aren't blocking any of the water passages. Ensure the small water transfer tube that goes into the top of the pump stays in place and some models have a foam rubber 1/8" thick washer that slides on the tube against the top of the pump. Mud Dobbers are known for clogging The water pump tell-tail or pee tube. You can use a quick burst or two of compressed air to blow air up the tube back into the water passage. It may be smart to follow the tube up to the block and remove it to be sure it's not clogged.:cool:

Back