Logo

2006 Mercury 60HP Bigfoot limo mode

Hello everyone, I have a 2006 mercury 60 hp EFI big foot four-cylinder. It is going into limp mode, a.k.a. guardian mode. I have tried multiple things. I consider myself a very handy person and have rebuilt many motors, and raced many cars and worked on many outboards not trying to cheat my own horn. I just know I’m smarter than a couple of the local outboard mechanics, so there’s no sense in bringing to a shop here locally. I am banging my head against the wall With this one. I don’t really feel like spending $600 on the hardware took it up to the computer as nowadays I can replace every single electronic for cheaper than that. Things I have already tried, cleaning and running new grounds to the coil pack mounting plate. New spark plugs with correct gap. New oil pressure sender, disconnected the coolant sensor. While in limp mode, I also disconnected each coil pack individually, and it made no difference. I was unable to locate the neutral safety switch to try to disconnect that, but had no luck. It has been running fine and then all of a sudden it started doing limp mode. It will run perfectly fine until about 4 to 5 minutes and then it will go into limp mode. I turn off the key turn it back on. It runs perfectly again for about 2 to 3 minutes and then again will go into limp mode. It will go perfectly fine speed wise until it hits limp mode. It is pissing very strongly and has a new impeller that has been functioning flawlessly For 2+ months any help would be greatly appreciated. There is not very many sensors on this motor. I’m not sure what I am missing. Thank you so much for everyone’s help. Also no safety alarms go off.

Last edited:
I admit that I am not an expert on fuel injected machines.----Hoping to learn here.----Keep us posted on progress.

Back