Logo

2006 Honda BF150 Fuel leak from Fuel pump cover on Vapor Separator

HonDan

I am helping a guy with a his 2006 BF150 with only 250hrs and see fuel leaking from the fuel pump cover on the vapor separator. The leak is not a pressurized stream like from a water pick, but dribbling out from fuel pump even when the key is turned off most notable when engine tilted up and fuel leaking down into transom. I've never seen this issue before. Hoping it is just the big oring under the cover has gone bad. Anyone else seen this?

Leak looks like it is coming out from under the pump cover #29 and the fuel pump case #27 so I'm replacing the oring #14 between the two of them, local dealer had one in stock. I will update post with findings.

I removed fuel pump case from VST and unscrewed pump cover lid and swapped out the oring #14. Old O ring stayed flat did not spring back at all. Put it all back together, squeezed primer no leaks, energized pump no leaks, ran engine for couple minutes, shut down engine and tilted up (this is were it was leaking before new o ring installed) still no leaks. Covers back on ready to sea trial.

Well, I might be the Champ-een of the other way 'round. ;~)

I think my stage name might be Leaks Galore!

Back