Logo

2006 DF40 fuel issues

AndyM

I was having issues with fuel in my 06 DF40 so I replaced both the high and lower pressure fuel pumps, all of the lines, the filters, gasket on the vapor separator, added a fuel water separator, and even the gas tank. I just put everything back together and after the engine runs for a few minutes I start having fuel pour out of the VST evaporation hose into the flywheel cover...what is the problem?

The vapor separator has a float bowl the same as a carburetor, the needle valve is not shutting off the fuel flow when the bowl is full. Either the needle and seat is faulty or the float level has not been set.

The vapor separator has a float bowl the same as a carburetor, the needle valve is not shutting off the fuel flow when the bowl is full. Either the needle and seat is faulty or the float level has not been set.

Thank you! I actually ended up figuring that out and you are exactly right. I swapped the needle valve and all is well now. I was still getting a lot of beeping and finally realized it was overheating as well due to a faulty thermostat and having a lot of salt in the engine.

Back