Logo

2006 bf225 AIB disc part #?

Matagorda Blues

I need help finding a part number for the air intake bypass diaphragm assembly (i think that is the correct name). The silver disc part. Can't seem to find it anywhere and boats.net wants me to buy the whole back intake cover. Any help is appreciated.

Hi,
Yeah! $1200 is pretty dang steep for a $10.00 part!
BUT....

I may be wrong but I think you're going to find that the disc isn't available as a replacement item.

It's my experience that if boats.net doesn't list it then Honda doesn't either.

I know of no "aftermarket" supplier of those parts although, you never know what you might come up with on ebay.

I'm guessing that your best bet will be to locate a used manifold if you're going to save some money.

Either that or figure out a way to fabricate a suitable replacement.

Good luck.

Yes, the diaphragm is considered integral to the IAB. (Which is really stupid!) I had to replace mine on my 2007 BF 225 several years ago.

See part # 5 at: https://www.boats.net/catalog/honda...-bagj-1400001-to-bagj-1499999/intake-manifold.

It's pricey at $470. Having said that, it is a common vacuum diaphragm, so with some diligent searching you may find a suitable substitute. Start searching Honda auto parts.

Meanwhile, I'll look through my spare parts box and see if I can find the old one I removed.

If you are interested, attached is a write up of the saga I went through on my IAB. Pictures are at the end.

BTW - where are you located?

Attachments

• Honda 225 Intake Air Bypass.pdf
    451.4 KB · Views: 6
Yes, the diaphragm is considered integral to the IAB. (Which is really stupid!) I had to replace mine on my 2007 BF 225 several years ago.

See part # 5 at: https://www.boats.net/catalog/honda...-bagj-1400001-to-bagj-1499999/intake-manifold.

It's pricey at $470. Having said that, it is a common vacuum diaphragm, so with some diligent searching you may find a suitable substitute. Start searching Honda auto parts.

Meanwhile, I'll look through my spare parts box and see if I can find the old one I removed.

If you are interested, attached is a write up of the saga I went through on my IAB. Pictures are at the end.

BTW - where are you located?
Appreciate all the info. I have read several of your past posts about this. I'm from Texas.

OK. When I get back home I'll root through my spare parts and see if I can find the old dighragm and let you know. What happened to yours?

Hey, it's your lucky day. I found my old one. Send an e-mail to me at [email protected] with your contact information and I will send it to you. Just cover the cost of shipment and tell me how you want it shipped - UPS or USPS are my only options around here. I prefer USPS.

Back