Logo

2005 Merc 2 stroke 115HP Low Oil Alarm does not work

rcadille

Merc115HP ELPTO Two stroke Low Oil Alarm issue Serial No. 1B023978 Trying to determine which item is bad. Low oil sensor, PowerheadTemp/Engine Overheat sensor, Warning Alarm Module or ???
Originally the alarm horn did not work and I accidently ran theSilverQuick oil out - engine stopped, I refilled reservoir and all is OK exceptthe alarm horn near the starter key did not buzz intermittent or steadyalarm. Troubleshot the alarm horn and it in very dead. so I Bought an off brand12V Alarm with Light and replace the it (Purple and tan/blue wires near starterkey).
Now the horn stays "on" Steady as soon as key is turned toon. Merc Service Manual for this engine, page 3C-16 has a TroubleshootingChart. Went through the "Steady - always On" horn areaand it is not making any sense. Here's why: It says to disconnect Engineoverheat sensor BLACK wire and try agaion. It is a tan/blue wire, notblack. Disconnected tan/blue, still Steady ON horn. I have the Warning Moduleunbolted from engine (Module P/N 821889) it has three wires of four inuse, black, red, tan connected to wiring harness, black, red, tan. Also ablack/yellow wire that it not used.
QUESTION: is it possible to check to operation of this warning module?
QUESTION: What if anything do you recommend -- need some advice?

I have not checked the blue wires on low oil float because they are very hardto get to without removing the oil reservoir.

Richard [email protected] 716-830-511

Back