Logo

2005 f 150 hp versus 200 f 115 hp injectors

dward

Contributing Member
I live in Minnesota and have a 2005 f150 and we have a family place in Florida where we have two 2005 f115s. I plan to service the 115s when I'm down in March with VST and other filters and I would also like to clean the injectors. As I have the f150 here I thought I'd pull those and clean them myself so I'm ready when down in FL. I've got an OTC74448 injector cleaning tool that I plan to set up so I can clean each injector with cleaner. When looking at the injector oem pricing I see the 150s are a fair amount cheaper on boats.net. What is the difference between the f150 and the f115 injectors? Will the system that cleans the f150 work on the f115?

I know I can have them cleaned, but as I only have a limited amount of time when I'm down in FL I'd like to figure out how to do this myself. I'm also getting tired of paying a mechanic close to a grand when they come to change filters on the 115s.

We've had problems with the 115s due to fuel tank issues and I am currently having new aluminum tanks made and I am adding a 2 micron Racor filter ahead of each 115 (currently one 10 mic yamaha filter feeds both). So I plan to change all filters when I'm down in March and get things on the straight and narrow.

Thanks - Dan

Added question: can the filters inside the injectors be replaced? and if so where do you get them?

Last edited:
To finish my thread.......I just got through servicing the injectors on my F115 and F150. The injectors are manufacured by Denso under license to Bosch. To make sure the coils in the injectors are good, check the resistance. The F150 injectors measured 15.4 ohm (+/- 1 ohm) and the F115 injectors measured 15.7 ohms (+/- 1ohm). The exact ohms resistance isn't as important as making sure they are all about the same and above 12. I bought new filters and orings for about 50 cents each. I also bought an ultrasonic cleaner which is what the professional outfits use. I got pigtails to plug the injectors in and cycle while cleaning. And I used a 9 volt/500 milliamp plug in transformer which came with some device we don't use any more.

One benefit of the ulrasonic cleaner was while I had the injectors in cleaning, I threw the VST filters in with them and they came out like new too.

Back