Logo

2004 Johnson/Suzuki 50hp check engine code

foxflyer

First time in the water last week after being covered in the barn since last Aug22. Engine started and ran smooth like it normally does. After about 20 minutes of low speed cruising at about 2000rpm, the alarm went off with check engine flashing. Alarm stopped after about a minute, but CL light kept flashing so to be on the safe side I headed home.(about 40 minutes). Engine ran perfectly throughout the whole time. Went out today to see what I could find and when I turned the key to "on" the CL began flashing again with a 3-1 code, something about the idle, even though the idle was smooth and not missing a beat at about 700 rpm. Obviously the code is stored so what I would like to do first is to clear the code to see if it comes back, but I can't seem to find out how that is done. Can anyone out there give me a hand with this Please.
All help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Deke

I was able to find more info on the IAC trouble code. First, it can't be cleared from the engine data base. It must be either repaired or replaced and when that is done the code should disappear. Any comments on that from anyone?
Also, on my engine, can anyone point out to me where the sensor is and what it looks like?
Thanks,
Deke

Back