Logo

2004 Honda 200 HP Four Stroke Leaking Water

Shutterly

So I have water leaking from the center of the engine. It is coming out of the seams at the upper and lower cowlings. When I removed them and hooked up the hose to the water flush intake fitting the lower unit fills with water and then it flows across the base and off the edge. I turned the hose on low pressure to see what was going on but if I turn the pressure up it will come out of the telltale. Thanks for any help. I'm not running the engine until I know something. Scott
Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 9.58.37 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2022-07-16 at 9.58.10 AM.jpg

An educational guess is leak from the back of the fuel pump, either fuel cooler hose or engine block corrosion hole. Remove the fuel pump mount bolts and brackets, pull pump back and using a flash light with engine idling on a flush attachment, see where the leak is coming from

Just had a similar issue on friends 2002 Honda 200. But it was corrosion hole in the water jacket directly behind the vst. Pulled the intake and manifold to get access to it. Took a dremel sander and sanded area and acetone to clean around the hole mixed up JB weld steel stick steel putty and pressed it into the hole to seal it off. not enough metal there for a permanent weld repair but he might get 100hours out of steel stick. Bit of labor getting stuff out of the way and getting it all back in. Used felpro automotive gaskets almost identical to OEM honda for the block to intake pipe connection. Put all together, fired it up on the hose dry as a bone.

Thanks for the reply's. I have been out of town this past week but am going to get on it soon. Have you heard of anyone using Bondo for this repair instead of JB weld? They have a fiberglass option that is used for repairing metal.

An educational guess is leak from the back of the fuel pump, either fuel cooler hose or engine block corrosion hole. Remove the fuel pump mount bolts and brackets, pull pump back and using a flash light with engine idling on a flush attachment, see where the leak is coming from

Thanks for the reply's. I have been out of town this past week but am going to get on it soon. Have you heard of anyone using Bondo for this repair instead of JB weld? They have a fiberglass option that is used for repairing metal.

Back