Logo

2004 50 ELPTO 2 Stroke

Ryoung8989

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2004 50 hp ELPTO from a guy so not much is own other than I was told it ran great. It did run well for about a month. Since then I keep loosing spark on the middle and lower cylinders. Took it to a shop who only changed the fouled spark plugs and said it was fine. Ran well for about ten minutes on WOT 5200 rpms. When I started to slow down it suddenly felt like I was pulling a tube. Same two cylinders not firing again. Waited 23 hours it started and ran fine for 5 mins. After being parked for two hours started fine and ran fine for a few minutes and again dropped two cylinders. Please help. Taking back to the shop but would like to give them some hints to check out.

Side notes. I know it’s getting fuel can smell it and see it leaking in the water after trying to start it a few times. Plugs are also fouling and smell like gas. Clean the plugs and waited but still no spark. Low oil alarm went bad so the connections were disconnected but it ran fine for a month like that so don’t think that is the issue.

Back