Logo

2002 Johnson/Suzuki 50 hp with fuel injector - 4-3 code

dcoop54

I have a fuel injector engine code 4-3. The lower piston won't fire but engine will run on 2 cylinders. I have replaced the spark plugs, swapped the fuel injectors and the coils. The problem stays on the lower cylinder and won't fire. Not sure what to try next.

In regard to my problem on my 2002, 50 hp Johnson outboard. If one of three cylinder does not fire and the motor will run on two cylinders. I swapped fuel injectors and swapped two coils but the problem remains on the same cylinder. could my engine control board be the problem? I am not sure how to check it.
Any help is appreciated.

From a 2009 DF90A service manual. Selffixer.com will have a service manual(I think) for your engine in pdf. Values given might be different for your engine. The ECM in Suzuki outboards are fairly robust, my GUESS is a wiring issue, corrosion maybe?IMG_6185.jpegIMG_6186.jpeg

Thank you for replying. I have a service manual and have checked wiring. There is no corrosion. I check voltage to the fuel injector valve and only have about 4.5 volts but maybe my meter is not fast enough to read the 12 volts. Other than the control board I'm not sure what other sensors cause only 1 cylinder not to fire.
Thanks

Back