Logo

2001 ox66 200hp engine

crjron

The other day I replaced the fuel/water filter. The boat ran great for 30 minutes the stopped as if you turned the key off. I pumped the fuel bulb and it felt soft and it got me back to the ramp. I replaced the filter and the boat Idles fine. I replaced the fuel bulb but it still does not get hard. I noticed that the fuel filter on the engine only trickles in fuel and gets or stays close to the bottom of the fuel pic up on the filter.(half way up, not full). What am I missing or what do I need to look for? The engine has always ran great and strong this is the only thing that I have changed. Also what service manual do I need to order for the 2001 ox66 engine? Thanks ,RV

Attachments

• 2011_0330boat.jpg
    2011_0330boat.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 50
When you pump the fuel bulb does it get hard or can you squeeze it flat if you want? If it does not get hard at all, the fuel pump diaphragm is ruptured and you need to replace the fuel pumps.

Thanks, I will check that. I noticed that fuel problems have a lot
Of write ups. Is this the norm for these Yamaha's? Thanks, RV

Thanks, Question for you. I was looking at my sierra water/fuel separator filter and it states 21 microns heavy duty spring. I notice that all of people talk about 10 micron filters. Is mine to restrictive? Or not restrictive enough? Spring? explain. Thanks RV

Back