Logo

2000 Yamaha C70 cold start questions

Ray Brooks

My motor is hard to start the first time of the day, after starting the first time it will start at the touch of the key and runs perfectly when warm. I had the carburetors professionally cleaned and rebuilt and it done nothing to improve the cold start. It is equipped with the Prime Start and the way I understand it the prme start supplies extra gas through a seperate pump that enters the intake and this helps to start quicker and the engine should idle about 1200 rpm unil the wax pellet begins to melt and starts to close off the circuit. The prime start works off crankcase pressure. Now, if there is enough crank case pressure to operate the main fuel pump correctly is it safe to assume there is enough pressure too operate the prime start? Should i actually be able to see gas come out the hose that goes to the intake if the primestart is working while turning the engine over? Will the engine idle faster if it is working correctly? What should I do to get it starting right. PLEASE HELP!
Thanks in advance for your help

Back