Logo

2000 suzuki 225 2 stroke efi acting silly.

arthur75

It starts out fine then after about 5 minutes of cruising it goes into limp mode and will not go over 1500-1700 rpm. Does this for awhile and sometimes after a couple hours it snaps out and runs fine for awhile. Also it runs fine in reverse just not forward. I am thinking voltage issue. Problem is I am in missouri boat is in Florida. Heading down there in a month to get to work on it looking for any help. Thanks in advance.

Do you have a genuine Suzuki service manual? Any codes thrown? I’m assuming it’s a salt water engine, any history on maintenance(or lack of) to add? I know the newer 4 strokes need solid 12V power supply to the ECM otherwise they will throw a bunch of random codes that make no sense. Limp mode usually limits rpms to 3000 rpms unless it’s low oil pressure which wouldn’t apply to a 2 stroke. An overheat condition might limit rpms to less than 3000 rpms, not sure though. An overheat condition should throw a code. You might want to book it into a Suzuki shop now for when you’re in Florida just in case you can’t resolve the issue yourself, you can always cancel if you figure it out yourself.

Back